I haven't blogged in MONTHS and now two posts in three days.
I'm feeling obliged though, like it's my blogging duty.
I have a couple of recipes that neeeed to be passed on.
They are dahlish, and I want to share the dahlishisness. Because I'm a giver. ;)
It's 8 to 10 servings of pure goodness. Here's what you will need for...
Four Bean Slow Cooker Chili
1 large yellow onion
2 small garlic gloves, minced
1 lb lean ground beef (I used extra lean turnkey)
one 15 oz can of white beans, rinsed and drained
one 15 oz can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
one 15 oz can of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
one 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
one 28 oz can of diced tomatoes with juice
two 15 oz cans of tomato juice
2 T chili powder (I used a skootch more - we like spicy)
1 T ground cumin
2 bay leaves
2 t kosher salt
1. in a large pan over medium heat, heat 1 T of the oil. Add the onion and sauté for 3 mins, or until softened. Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute. Place the onion and garlic in a slow cooker.
2. Add the remaining 1 T oil to the sauté pan, turn the heat to medium, add the ground meat, and sauté for about 5 minutes, breaking the meat apart with a spoon until its cooked through.
3. Add the meat and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
4. Cover and cook the chili on low for 8 hours. (I cooked on high for 4 hours
5. Serve with desired accompaniments. We put avocado and greek yogurt on it.
It's good people. ReaLly good!
and now for the best potato you will ever make.
at least it's the best "healthy" potato I have ever made. :)
South-of-the-border sweet potato - a Biggest Loser recipe. Anyone else obsessed with that show?
you can find the recipe here
that's all for now...it could be months or days until I'm back. :)
Happy Tuesday to you!